Circuit breaker restrictions 18 November
South Australia will be implementing a circuit breaker from 12:01 am Thursday, 19 November 2020 for the next 6 days.
These strict measures are necessary to try to stop the spread of a new strain COVID-19 in our state. This new strain is highly contagious and an exposed person can be infectious within 24 hours. Majority of people infected with this new strain have little or no symptoms.
People will need to remain at home for the next 6 days.
People will only be able to leave their homes for the following reasons:
- To go to work as an essential services worker
- To see a worker providing essential services including seeing a doctor
- To receive medical care including seeking COVID-19 testing
- To obtain medical supplies including going to the pharmacy
- One person from the household once a day to attend supermarkets to obtain essential supplies
- In an emergency situation.
People should wear face masks when they leave the home and continue to practice social distancing with good personal hygiene.
Greenacres Surgery will remain open with no change to our opening times.
However, consultations will be done mainly via Phone or Telehealth.
Face to face consultations can be organized at the Doctor’s discretion.
Please DO NOT enter the surgery if you
- have symptoms- fever, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell
- have been in one of the cluster COVID hotspots as identified by the state government
Instead, you will need to be tested for COVID 19.
A doctor’s referral is not needed to attend a COVID testing site.
The nearest COVID testing site to Greenacres Surgery is the drive through site at Hampstead Hospital.
If you have any questions, please call 08 82611122 and talk to one of our friendly receptionists for further advice.
The situation will continue to change and we will endeavor to update our website to reflect any changes as the situation progresses.
If you have any pressing questions in relation to COVID-19 information please contact the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787 between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm 7 days per week or go to the SA Health website.
Thank you for your assistance as we endeavor to stop the spread of COVID 19 and to keep our staff and patients safe. Your co-operation and patience is much appreciated.