Greenacres Surgery is participating in the COVID 19 vaccination. with Astra Zeneca only.
We will be conducting dedicated COVID vaccination clinics on Thursday and Friday.
Please contact our friendly reception staff to book your appointment for COVID vaccination.
When attending for COVID vaccination, patients are required to bring proper identification such as Drivers license and proof of employment to confirm eligibility.
Adults aged 60 years old and over
All individuals under the age of 60 are recommended to have the Pfizer vaccination at a Vaccine Hub.
Contraindication to vaccination
As COVID-19 vaccines are relatively novel, safety testing in all population groups has not yet been achieved.
Currently, the COVID-19 vaccines are not recommended for:
- People under 16 years old (However, the vaccine roll-out is for those over 18 years old).
- People who have received any other vaccine in the last 14 days (including influenza).
- People who have allergies to any of the ingredients in the vaccines (polyethylene glycol (PEG), also known as macrogol and Polysorbate 80).
- People who are acutely unwell with a fever (≥38.5oC) or respiratory symptoms.
Observation post vaccination
Anaphylaxis or severe allergy to a vaccine is a rare occurrence. This is the reason all vaccinated people must remain at the vaccination clinic for at least 15 minutes following administration.
Anybody with a known anaphylactic reaction to any substance (not just vaccination-related) must remain at the clinic for a minimum of 30 minutes after vaccination
Interval between doses
The AstraZeneca vaccine requires 2 doses and has a recommended interval of 12 weeks between doses
Potential Side Effects
Common side-effects include:
- Muscle pain.
- Chills and fever.
- Pain, swelling and redness at the injection site.
- Joint pain.
Most of the side effects are mild and last 1-2 days.
Paracetamol (Panadol) is advised after the vaccination for two doses accompanied by extra fluid intake.
Please contact our friendly reception staff to book your appointment for your COVID vaccination.